So this past year has been quite a struggle for my body...there comes a point when the old rules don't apply. The rules that I'm invincible, I'll live forever, and oh I love this one… That's not going to hurt!The truth of the matter is is that the older you get the harder it is to recover when your body is stressed. For example: for the last several years on and off I have been participating in a boot camp which is run by JJ Brawley here in San Diego called "Fit Body Boot Camp". JJ is really good at inspiring people to push their hardest and be all that they can be… And I only obliged 110%, now it's been a lot of fun I've gotten fit I pushed my endurance and I've maintain my health.now because I am who I am, overachiever, high-energy, and for the most part happy and fun-loving, JJ has allowed me to be in his group and help spur the other athletes on. So this year he invited me again to participate in his group and I intern invited one of my friends who is a few years older than me to go along and exercise. First session, was pretty challenging, because I hadn't been there for a few months and ended up being pretty sore the next day. Now my plan was to go 3 to 4 times a week, and just increase my stamina to do more,so the first part of the exercise was going well until I had to do push-ups and lunges,now I'm really good at lunges and push-ups but in the past few months my feet, my large toes to be exact have been give me problems and just the action of doing push-ups and lunges which puts pressure on the big toe has created a tremendous amount of pain in my feet. So after this second installment of Boot Camp I had to come to the realize that I couldn't participate anymore. I discovered my first physical limits due to my age, mentally it was pretty hard because I've always been that type of person who could push through my pain and come to the other side, what this did for me was really put my limits in perspective in correlation with my age. Now I'm not saying because I'm 47 years old my body is getting worse, what I am saying is due to the heavy amount of abuse I put my body through, through the years, my limitations are starting to surface, Now I'm not sure what this means in conjunction with my future but I do know that I am getting very familiar with alternative exercises. So if you are like mean and want to stay active but don't want to injure yourself, there are programs out there that you can find that help people who have injuries, arthritis,and there are also alternative exercises that you can do which are less impactful to the joints.so what I have learned from all of this is that, going all balls to the wall is no longer beneficial to me what's my body...... Uuuugh
Damn it.... Im getting old!!!
For more information just click on the link
(www.sdtrainer.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment