Monday, October 6, 2014

A new way of thinking

Hey everyone, I started this blog so I can keep track of my 40-isms..no of course I am 46 going on 47 and I'm just starting so I think I will have A lot of stuff to write about.

I guess maybe the first thing that I want to write about, is about my perspective. When I was 20 all I wanted to do is party and have a good time. In my 30's I became self-aware, embarking on a journey of exploration and self discovery. And now in my 40's I have realized that I am exactly like all of those 40 something's that I used to make fun of when I was in my 20's and 30's, I now have a great respect for steady, calm, regimented....I look for stability and evenness. No don't get me wrong, I still like to have a little bit of excitement and drama in my life. Although now I pick and choose what drama I accept and what drama I don't. In the last two years I've really noticed a change in my behavior and my perspective on my environment around me, and the people that I let into my life.I am far pickier now than I ever have been on who I allowed to come into my circle. Quantity now has been replaced with quality.

When I was younger I really lived as if there was no tomorrow, I know it's pretty cliché to say that but it was true. I went through life putting out fires, and reacting to my environment around me. Today it is completely different I almost 100% command my surroundings,I act on life I don't react to it anymore. It seemed as if when I was younger that I went from one dramatic event, to the next. I never knew what was coming, or how I would react to it, all I knew was it was awfully exciting. I lived, and I thrived on the drama.today, it is far different then back then. Today, there is very little drama in my life, and that if I lack for some reason, for thatadrenaline rush you get when there is drama, I can always create my own.so I guess that's the difference between 20s and 30s and 40s, is that my life experiences has change my point of view from reacting to texting on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Form or not to form that is the questionm

In my many years, on and off again, workout at the gym, the one thing that I have taken away from this lifelong obsession and experience is:...